Thursday, April 1, 2010

A hike in the woods

On Saturday we took a family hike in the woods. The fresh air was great, but boy were we pooped after the 4 hours we spent in the woods. (I was not warned of the mountains we would be climbing...with a baby on my back!)
Before I knew what we were getting into:)
We each had a walking stick. This is what Connor used as his walking stick. Also known as a tree! I drug this "tree" around for the first hour. Obviously it didn't do it's job as a walking stick becuase I started counting the number of times he fell/tripped and it was 20 times(the first 30 mins.)
This little man was such a trooper. He walked the whole time, carrying his backpack and all!
And Bella enjoyed the whole thing...
...Until she fell asleep:)
We stopped for a snack of oranges and granola bars.
After climbing the mountain with the princess on my back, I could barely pick my feet up to keep going so I handed her off to Ben...little did I know we were only a half mile from the van....(I could have made it the whole way)
And on a different note....Ben's been learning about trapping animals and had his first attempt and success on Sunday when they trapped a gopher in the backyard!

Happy Easter Everyone!
momma cole

No comments: