Thursday, November 19, 2009

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend we went to Wisconsin Dells with our friends the Mattmiller's. When Ben was out in ND, I decided I wanted to surprise him with a trip to the dells for some much needed family time. Well so much for the surprise part as he figured out where we were going and who we were going with, and every little detail he could a long time ago. I'm not sure if I'm, just bad at keeping secrets or he is good at figuring them out, or a combo of both. Either way, there was no surprise, but we still had a lot of fun. (But there was a lot of convincing to do on my part as it is bow hunting season and I planned a weekend away with NO hunting....I've been told to NEVER do that again.) Anyways, we met our friends Brian and Terri in the dells with their 2 girls, Alexis and Laura. We stayed at the Chula Vista Resort (one I've never been to before) and we stayed in a condo...and it was gorgeous, pics don't do justice.

Here's the view from the front door.

The Bedrooms

The Kitchen

They have an underground walkway to the indoor waterpark. We were expecting it to be, well, pretty much a tunnel. Were we surprised to see how beautiful the walkway was. Here's a few family pictures we took on our walks to the waterpark.


Laura and Bella "playing" together

And a few at the waterpark....







Connor had an absolute blast. He was just tall enough that he was able to go on all the slides. He even went on the rollercoaster waterslide and just loved it. Saturday night I had to leave Ben and Connor at the waterpark because Connor didn't want to leave.....and neither did Ben, he had just as much fun. The two of them ran around the waterpark, running up the steps, sliding down the slides, spraying water at each other, and taking quick little breaks in the lazy river, ALL day long. When they finally came back to the room Saturday night, Connor said, "Mom...I'm just so excited to go back to swim tomorrow!" It was too cute. Bella also loved the water too. We floated around on the lazy river and swam around in the pools all day long and she just smiled and watch everything that was going on. It was such a great weekend and I can't wait to go back.
And here is the funniest part of the weekend. After many beers, the boys decided to get in the hot tub.....together....with little toy boats. Terri and I laughed so hard, it was so hilarious. I got some of it on video also, someday I'll figure out how to put video on here. Until then, here's a photo of the 2 of them......thoroughly enjoying themselves!

No comments: