Thursday, March 8, 2012

I love you because...

We have this picture hanging in our bathroom that Ben and I use to write notes to each other everyday. It is especially nice when he is gone in North Dakota, I can write him a message and take a picture of it and send it to him. It's just a fun thing we do to tell each other reasons why we love each other. Usually it says something as simple as this....

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Well when Ben was in North Dakota, Connor came out of the bathroom and told me that he had written a message to daddy. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen him do. I never told him about how I wrote the messages and sent them to daddy, but somehow he figured it out and took it upon himself to write one. Here is what it said...

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

(I had already written the "you make me smile" and under it he had written "I love dad from Connor")

Now the other night he comes out of the bathroom saying he had wrote daddy another message. Below is the message he wrote...


Photobucket

It says "Will we play legos dad". He obviously missed the part about writing reasons for loving the other person and is now trying to use it as a way to get things he wants. But I guess it worked because tonight they played legos:) I can't wait to see what he'll ask for next. At least he's practicing his writing skills:)


Photobucket

2 comments:

A Healther Gunderson Family said...

Nicole,

You should take pictures everyday and scrapbook that! It's the cutest thing I have ever seen. It could be your coffee table book.

Sarah Gunderson

The Howard Bunch said...

Oh my goodness; How sweet is that!?