Monday, September 1, 2008

Birthday Boy

So my baby boy truly is not a baby anymore. He is now 3 years old and full of character. I can't believe he is 3 already, time really does fly by. If we are ever in the need of a good laugh, all we have to do is turn the music on and watch him do his "cool moves". He is a dancing fool. Our favorite show during the summer is So You Think You Can Dance, and he loves to watch it with us. This is where he learns all his newest moves. Everyday he is showing me a new "cool move" that he has learned. It truly is amazing. His other favorite things to do is play baseball, and ride his bike. And he can be just the sweetest little boy (when he wants to), and out of nowhere he will say, "Mom, I love you so much," in his sweet little voice. We couldn't imagine our lives without him and we are so thankful to have such a beautiful boy in our lives. (He would tell me he is handsome though. He always tells me, "mom you are a princess and I am handsome."...so cute!) So last Saturday, the 23rd, we had a birthday party with the family at our house, and Connor loved all his presents. He was in such a hurry to open them all, I don't think he even stopped to see what he opened until he was all done. Then he played all night with them. Once it got dark out we started a bonfire and the 3 of us layed outside in sleeping bags watching the stars, and making wishes on the shooting stars. The boys eventually fell asleep outside and I had to wake them up because it was getting to cold. It was a perfect night. Here is a few pics of Connor opening his presents.


Connor's actual birthday was last monday, so Connor and I, and my aunt and her son Andrew, took the boys to the State Fair for the day. (Ben had been working there all summer long, building the International Bazaar, so he had free tickets to get in, good deal. And if you went to the fair and remember seeing the International Bazaar, let Ben know, he would be really happy.) Connor ate way more food than I and seemed to really enjoy himself. He tried the chocolate covered bacon, french fries, chocolate ice cream cone, mini doughnuts, a pickle on a stick, and probably a few other things I can't remember right now. The boys were really bugging us to go on some rides so I did take them both on the ferris wheel, and then we also went down the giant slide, which they both absolutly loved. It was so cute, when we got done they both looked at me and said "Can I go again?" So I told them that everyone only gets to go 1 time since there are so many people, it kinda worked. By 2:00 they were getting tired, we had seen and eatin everything we wanted to and it was time to go home. We did the park and ride so we took the bus back to our car and the boys had some fun sitting next to each other on the bus. They were so over tired they were acting just goofy. We got home later that night and Connor opened his presents and we had some cake and ice cream, and Connor had another great birthday. Thanks to everyone who came over, and thanks for all the presents as well. We are very thankful to have you all in our lives.

2 comments:

Tee said...

Yeah, I'm so glad to see another post....but...eeemmmm...where's the picture of the new hair cut! That's it...I'm coming over tonight to see it...

Nicole said...

Pictures will come, I don't have any but I think Sandy got some this weekend, so I will get them from her and post them as soon as I do. But you are welcome to come over to visit:)