Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby Brown Update

Last Thursday I had my monthly baby check. I've been having tons of contractions and I told the doctor this again, as I had the last few months. But this time I stressed that I have at least 2 every hour, and sometimes up to 5 an hour. I also told her that they've become stronger in the last few weeks. So she said it would be a good idea to do an internal exam to make sure I wasn't dilated. She said that I was not dilated but that my cervix had already started to thin out. Then when she measured my belly to check the growth of my uterus it had only grown 1 cm in the last month. It should typically grow 4 cm. With these 2 concerns she decided I needed to have another ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. We waited until Monday to get the ultrasound done and everything looked great. In fact she measured 2 weeks bigger. My cervix isn't as long as it should be, but it still looks good. Below are the new ultrasound pictures. I promise that is a baby in the picture, obviously she is running out of room because it's pretty tough to figure out what you're looking at, so good luck. If you can see the circular object in the top center that is her fist by her mouth, and to the bottom right of the fist is her nose (in profile). Her fingers were either in her mouth or right next to her mouth so it was hard to get a good picture of her profile.And of course we had to have him check the gender again, and he said, "there's the girl parts." You can try and decipher this one on your own. It's a shot right between the legs.





No comments: