Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Animals

We headed to como zoo yesterday. It was a perfect day, cloudy, not humid or too hot. The kids loved to see the animals, especially the new polar bear exhibit. They got to watch the polar bears be hand fed their food and they loved watching the penguins swimming around. We only had one "minor" incident that most likely shaved 10 years off my life, but it turned out good...thankfully. Ethan, the boy I watch that is a little older than Connor is quite the wanderer. He's in his own world and just walks wherever he pleases with no concern as to where I am or anybody else. We stopped so the other mommies could use the bathroom and one minute Ethan was sitting down next to Connor and the next minute he was gone. There was already about 5,694 times during the hour we were at the zoo that I thought he was gone but this time, he really was no where in site. We all split up to find him and I finally found him up the path just walking by himself, no worries on his mind, even though I had just had a small heart attack. The rest of the day he was strapped onto the stoller like I was walking a dog (why I didn't do this the first time he wandered off is beyond me, but I've learned now. Either keep him strapped to the stroller when we go somewhere, or don't bring him with:)

After that we went out for a picnic, and then tried to snap a picture of all the kiddos, which is definitely not an easy task. See for yourself, this is the only picture that all the kids were actually in and not running away.
(Bella, Connor, Laura, Lilli, Ava, Alexis, Ethan, & Dillon)
Leyla came with too but she left before the camera came out.
It was a fun day, the kids were so tired they both were sleeping by 7 (they usually don't go to bed til after 9!)
Photobucket

No comments: