Sunday, October 11, 2009

No more rain!

Please pray that Pick City, ND gets no more rain this week! As long as there is no more rain or bad weather there, Ben should be done with job and able to come back Wednesday. But if the rain continues he'll have to stay longer to get the job done. And let me tell you, we are SO ready for him to be home. In the last 8 weeks that he's been gone, he's been home 2 times. As hard as it has been for me to be alone with 2 kids for that length of time, I can't complain because I've been able to be with them. I've been able to see how Bella has grown in the last 2 months, her first smiles, the way she lights up when she sees Connor, how she now loves to sit up and tries to do so on her own. I've also been able to be there for Connor's first day of school, I've seen him now learn to write his name...nicely, I'm here for his first girlfriend (that's right, my 4 year old has a girlfriend, who he says is pretty cute, and gives him hugs, and gets all excited when they see eachother first thing in the morning). But I've been here with them, living through all there accomplishments, while Ben has been in ND working for us, not being able to see these things, and only being able to hear about them over the phone. So I can't say that it sucks for me as much as I know it sucks for him to be away and not be able to see these things. So if you get a chance, please pray that he'll be home for good this week. We miss him and it's time he comes home to us and experience these things himself! Thanks a bunch.

Hopeful daddy count down.....aprox. 4 days

No comments: